Monday, April 30, 2007
1. List as many compromises you can find from the text (hint: they won't always be named "compromise")
2. Find evidence for how each one failed and describe the failure in paragraph format.
Please begin this activity and come with a list tomorrow. You will complete the paragraph part in class tomorrow with the sub (plus an additional activity).
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
1. Please use your textbook (chapter 16 mostly) and scan it to figure out what you think are the most likely causes of the US Civil War. Follow these instructions:
a) Scan/preview Chapter 16 (other chapters might also be helpful) for ideas.
b) Write a list of potential causes in your spiral.
c) Circle the one YOU would make an argument for as being one of the most significant causes of the US Civil War.
d) Write a list of reasons WHY you think this cause is the most significant (data from book is important in coming up with reasons).
Bring to class FRIDAY (when I will be back).
Tomorrow in class you *should* (if dvd arrives today) be taking notes on a documentary. Details in class.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
- Write a list of all the people in history (any period; world or American) that you have wanted to find something about. If you do this seriously it should take you about 5-10 minutes.
- Circle your top five choices. Write a paragraph or two explaining why you have been interested in these people.
- Choose ONE of the top five and do some mild research on that person. You may use online sources such as Wikipedia or any online encyclopedia. If you do a search for other sites, please do an advanced search and make sure your info is only from sites that end in .edu
- What did you find about this person that was truly interesting to you? Why? Please attach your research to the paper you turn in. Please type this assignment. I recommend practicing your quoting/paraphrasing technique.
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
2. Which region of the US was more economically independent? Why? Please support your answer with evidence (in your OWN words).
There will be NO HW tomorrow or through the break...HAPPY TRAVELS!